[MOBY-dev] Hello from the "Motherland"

Duncan Hull duncan.hull at cs.man.ac.uk
Thu May 15 18:00:17 UTC 2003

Dear Moby-Dev

First I should introduce myself, my name is Duncan and I'm working with
Carole Goble and Phil Lord in Manchester, England to add semantics to
biomoby central - "Semantic Web Services" - if you like.

Second, I have a few questions that I hope moby-dev can answer or at
least shed some light on:

1. Which version of My-SQL is best to use, does it matter? The options are:
MySQL-server-VERSION.i386.rpm
MySQL-devel-VERSION.i386.rpm
MySQL-shared-VERSION.i386.rpm
according to
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Installing.html#Linux-RPM

2. Mark Wilksinson (Hi again, its a real shame you can't make it back to
the "motherland" this summer) - I need a dump of the database
MOBY_Central as detailed in your notes on
http://www.biomoby.org/InstallingMOBYCentral.html

3. Which version of biomoby central is the most stable and would be
suitable for checkpointing from CVS I need a stable version of moby
central that I can sandbox and play around with in the lab? Currently,
just need a version so I can get at the DAG classification of services
in the database.

Any help / pointers appreciated.

-- Duncan

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk

No electrons were hurt in the making of this email