[MOBY] Re: [MOBY-dev] Wishlist and bugs list

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Mar 4 20:37:49 UTC 2003

> I think perhaps the correct way to go is set up a second public MOBY
> Central solely for testing purposes.

   Absolutely. That's what I wish from the beginning. But how could I
possibly ask you to establish a testing server when we all see how busy
you are? :-)
   But seriously: the sooner we have a testing server, the better support
from other developers you can expect - at least that's my guess..

> There is still a problem with commits not being propagated even to the
> test registry,

   Actually I think that there should be a script (cgi-bin, or whatever)
that allows a developer to fetch the current database (without asking you
repeatedly for database dump) and install in locally. Then we may have
more test servers and better probability that the new code is more tested.
Could that be done?

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger