[MOBY-dev] surprising results with speed tests:

Ken Steube steube at sdsc.edu
Tue Jul 29 14:39:16 UTC 2003

That's great info Mark.

I don't know how the two XML parsers work, do you know if either of
them does the meat of the parsing in C instead of perl?

I bet you could test the speed of XML parsing before recoding MOBY.
Write a little subroutine to parse a typical SOAP message using one of
the XML parsers and loop over it a hundred times to see the average
time.

Ken

Ken Steube            steube at sdsc.edu
San Diego Supercomputer Center @ UCSD