[MOBY-dev] How do I know what (services, objects, namespaces) exist?

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Sat Jul 12 20:10:36 UTC 2003

Hi again,

To make it easier to browse the various service, namespace, and object
types I have set up three really simple CGI's at mobycentral that output
plaintext tab-delimited tables based on whatever is in the database at
that particular moment:

http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/types/Services
http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/types/Objects
http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/types/Namespaces

the first two output tables like:

    Object1  Relationship  Object2  Definition

the Namespaces script outputs only

   Namespace   Definition

I'll put links to these on the BioMOBY homepage so you don't have to
remember.

It is, of course, possible to get this information (in more detail) via
the MOBY Central interface itself, but it is sometimes just faster and
easier to have the whole table spread out in front of you, especially if
you don't quite know what you are looking for...

Cheers!

Mark Wilkinson <markw at illuminae.com>
Illuminae