[MOBY-dev] speaking of installation problems...

Simon Twigger simont at mcw.edu
Thu Jan 30 18:10:23 UTC 2003

At this end, I have a local Moby-Central, a sample service (CGI and
perl module) and a client. Currently I can register services (though I
get errors, the registration appears to work), the client can then
access the local Moby-central, gets the correct services, calls the
appropriate CGI script which calls the right subroutine in the module
but then things break down here - the results of the service dont get
back to the client, I get a 'service unavailable' report with the
actual error being "proxy: transport protocol not specified".

This comes from the client when I try and execute the service with the
MOBY request data:

eval {print $Service->execute($data)};
if ($@){print "$@, Service Unavailable\n\n\n\n\n"};

I cant help but feel that something fundamental is not right at my end
- the standard scripts seem to work for others (I believe Ken has
things working at his end now) which would lead me to believe that my
stuff should work too as Im only making slight modifications to other
people's working scripts. The same client script works when calling
external services (eg. if I use keywords to get GO defs from the
flybase service).

...so thats the state of play here. I have to admit that are many
pieces to this Moby/SOAP puzzle that Im not yet familiar with so
knowing where to look next for a solution to the problem is the tricky
part - all suggestions welcome!

Simon.