[MOBY-dev] Progress on services and object question

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Feb 4 15:29:59 UTC 2003

> BTW we could provide an iterator that returns all the values of the
> <Object.../> that any client would use. I'll try to come up with something
> useful unless it's already in the works.

   You may look at OpenBQS (http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/openBQS), a
web-service interface over MEDLINE.
   Regarding iterator, I think (please correct me if I am wrong), you
would need a sequence of (at least) two methods - first to get an
iterator, second to get data using this iterator. Therefore, you would
need to split the service into two services in order to follow the basic
BioMoby (transformation) rule "one service = one method".

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger