[MOBY-dev] Progress on services and object question

Ken Steube steube at sdsc.edu
Tue Feb 4 15:11:31 UTC 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Simon Twigger wrote:

> Passing a single keyword is a crazy way to search PubMed - youd never want
> to do anything like that, particularly for this particular application -
> running regular screens of PubMed for articles relevant to your model
> organism. Ideally you'd search with keyword(s) combined with date and
> perhaps author.

Those square brackets you use when you specify the types of inputs and
outputs mean they are array references. You can give more than one in the
brackets with commas between, thus many inputs of different types. That
corresponds to having multiple <Object.../> entities in your $request
input.

BTW we could provide an iterator that returns all the values of the
<Object.../> that any client would use. I'll try to come up with something
useful unless it's already in the works.

Ken