[MOBY-dev] Final Plan for the October meeting

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Aug 12 16:14:14 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 16:19, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

Wall Centre Hotel, Vancouver, BC, Canada.  October 4/5

Attending:

1 Me
2 Lincoln
3 Fiona
4 Damian
5 Andrew
6 Ken
7 Heikko
8 Martin
9 Mike Niemi
10 Lukas Mueller (?)
11 a myGrid representative (TBA) (still uncertain...)
12 Shuly
13 Mike Gribskov (UCSD)
14 Rebecca

I will book the hotel for all the people listed above at the expense of the
BioMOBY grant (the Canadian one) for the nights of the 3rd, 4th and 5th.  the
meeting will happen during the day of the 4th and 5th, so plan to fly in
to Vancouver Intl. (YVR) on the 3rd and fly out on the 6th.  If you need to
fly out on the evening of the 5th please let me know ASAP.  There is a
hotel shuttle that runs every half hour to/from the airport, so it should be
very simple to do so.

I am booking the rooms in the Wall Centre Hotel
(http://www.sheratonwallcentre.com/)
one of the most spectacular hotels in the entire city!  There is high-speed
internet in every room, so you keeners can continue working/surfing while you
are there.

I am not certain yet about how much food-costs the grant can cover.  I am
still aiming for the grant to pay for breakfast and lunch on the 4th and 5th,
but I *might* have to add a small registration fee... I will let you all know
as soon as I do.  It will be very small, if at all.

No agenda yet, but it seems to make sense for one day to be MOBY-S focused, and
another day to be S-MOBY focused... Damian?  Lincoln?  How does that suit you?

Ken is planning to have a "satellite" meeting either before or after this
developers meeting.  He will post the details to this list as they become
clarified.

IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO COME WITH A SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER/LIFE PARTNER/PET
please let me know.  The rooms are doubles, but I am getting the special rate
based on single-occupancy, and there is a small additional charge for
extra people.  I will discuss this with you individually.

That's all I know for the moment...

Cheers all!  Mark your calendars!