[MOBY-dev] Update for the October BioMOBY meeting + fees

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Aug 27 19:57:34 UTC 2003

Hi all,

Well, it broke the budget :-)  I couldn't quite pay for the entire shot
out of our MOBY budget, so I will need to charge CAN$100 from everyone
(~USD$70) to cover food.  This fee will also apply to those who are not
sleeping over in the hotel, because we promise to keep you fed :-)

I have now booked and paid for the hotel and two meals per day for the
individuals listed below (except the local's).  Supper will be "on your
own", either individually or as a group.  The final attendance is:

 Me
 Lincoln Stein (CSHL)
 Fiona Cunningham (CSHL)
 Damian Gessler (NCGR)
 Gary Schiltz (NCGR)
 Ken Stuebe (SDSC)
 Heiko Schoof (MIPS)
 Martin Senger (EBI)
 Mike Niemi (IBM)
 a myGrid representative (TBA)
 Shuly Avrahim (CSHL)
 Mike Gribskov (UCSD)
 Rebecca Ernst (MIPS)
 Sohrab Shah  (UBiC) - LOCAL
 David He  (UBiC) - LOCAL

Unfortunately, we lost Lukas, and Sue wasn't able to pick a suitable
person from TAIR so we lost them also :-(  hopefully we can pick them up
next time!

Francis Ouellette from the UBC bioinformatics centre has graciously
offered to donate A/V equipment for us; the last two attendees on the
list (from UBiC) are both in his group and are new to the project -
welcome to them!!

I need to work out with our administration how best to collect the small
registration fee from you all... I doubt that they will go along with
slipping me a few bucks under the table ;-)  I'll let you know soon.

I'll send out an information package sometime in the next couple of
weeks.  I take off for Italy on Monday, so it will likely be this
weekend sometime.

best wishes all!

Mark

P.S.  Those who have not signed on to the moby-dev list, please do so to
make it easier for me to contact you en masse.  Thanks!

--
Mark Wilkinson <markw at illuminae.com>
Illuminae