[GSoC] [GSoC 2020] Please submit your project ideas until Feb 2

Sarthak Sehgal sarthaksehgal00 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 05:25:03 UTC 2020

Hey all,

GSoC 2020 org applications are open right now (https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/ <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/>) and I, along with co-admins, will be working on the OBF application.

We will be hosting the ideas list on the OBF website this time (https://www.open-bio.org/events/gsoc/ <https://www.open-bio.org/events/gsoc/>). Please add your idea(s) to the Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ntrQikQPQkHDfr-IKKBzJzGyRq41T11qT1RXJtUnG5k/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ntrQikQPQkHDfr-IKKBzJzGyRq41T11qT1RXJtUnG5k/edit?usp=sharing> which I’ll be keeping in sync with the website.

The google doc already contains a “Sample Project” template which might help you get a quick start. Please do not delete it. You can view your project ideas for 2019 here: https://obf.github.io/GSoC/ideas/ <https://obf.github.io/GSoC/ideas/>.

Your ideal project idea already has 2+ people who would be interested in mentoring a student working on the proposal assigned. :)

Let me know if you have any questions regarding project ideas or GSoC in general.

Best,
Sarthak