[GSoC] your mail

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public112 at thebird.nl
Sat Apr 2 10:10:02 UTC 2016

Hi Ethan,

There are some concerns regarding your proposal. Especially the
ambition of the tools you want to connect and the load of the time
line. Can you reply and be more specific on each tool and how you want
to connect it? And can you have another look at the time line and see
if it is realistic?

Furthermore, the obligation to your employer leaves room for doubt.
GSoC is a 40 hour commitment and spending time on other things may not
help you achieve that. Can you explain what you need to do in the
their time and when you can work on GSoC exactly? I know your employer
has agreed that you can spend time on GSoC, but obviously his time
should not eat into GSoC. At least should not ask too many of your
'creative' energy hours.

Also, we would like to see some FOSS contributions you have done
already. Code that is a bit more complex and that you are proud of.
GSoC is about learning to code and contribute to FOSS, but it is also
competitive. We would like to see your proposal is justified and that
you can do it.

Pj.