[GSoC] Update about VCF-DB

Loris Cro l.cro at campus.unimib.it
Mon Jun 16 16:51:25 UTC 2014

Hello I wrote some more posts on my blog
(http://kappaloris.github.io/GSoC-2014-OBF/)
and wrote both import and adminitration scripts which you can try out.

I had some trouble testing it because my only computer (a mbp) is having
serious issues with the ram banks (lucky me!) and corrupted ram + heavy
import operations is a bad combination. Thankfully Francesco kindly setup
an account his servers to help me keep on working.

If anyone wants to try the import script you only need a working rethinkdb
installation and its python driver (pip install rethinkdb). If you want to
feel the breeze of extra speed you might also want to install the native
C++ ProtocolBuffers compiler.

Please refer to my last post for more information about how to use it, but
if
you already have experience you will probably find it very straightforward.

This weeks objective is having a working vcf-private script to query for
privates.