[GSoC] First week of coding

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Wed May 21 22:41:34 UTC 2014

Hi all,

We've finally arrived at the coding phase of GSoC 2014. Glad to have you
all aboard.

Students, by now you should have a blog of some sort set up to catalogue
your progress. Each week, from now until August 18, you'll write about what
you did in the previous week (or, this week, the community bonding period),
what you have planned for the current week, and any problems, questions or
comments that come to mind. Then, e-mail the list with a link to your blog
and, optionally, a quick summary or any thoughts you'd especially like to
broadcast to the list.

See examples at: http://zruanweb.com/ and
http://www.yeyanbo.com/tag/gsoc.html

I'll start.

*Done so far:*
- Make sure all students are signed up on the OBF GSoC mailing list
- Sort out preliminary funding/payment from Google to Software in the
Public Interest on behalf of OBF

*Tasks for this week:*
- Get weekly updates from students (thanks, Evan and Sarah!)
- Gather links to GSoC student blogs and organize this info on the OBF wiki
- Sort out GSoC Mentor Summit travel funding for OBF delegates
- Catch up on some pull requests related to previous GSoCs

*Parting thoughts:*
- I sure am stoked about this year's projects.

Happy coding,
Eric