[EMBOSS] contributing to emboss

Peter Rice ricepeterm at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 06:51:38 EDT 2022

Hi Markus,

We can make an alternative version of the tfm pages.

All the program documentation is generated from templates as HTML and
text so a third format is not difficult.

We use the contents of the ACD file and the input/commandline/output of
the QA tests plus the description, algorithm, author, and a few minor
details (with default values). See the doc/programs/master directory for
the templates.

For man style we would also need another version of the -help output.
This would generate the content you need for each program.

Then we need a new name for the program that displays them... something
with 'man' in the name. Any suggestions? 'manu' is not allowed - it
offends too many football fans. 'tfm' was one of our favourite program
names, because everyone asked what it means.

EMBOSS team

https://www.avg.com