[EMBOSS] contributing to emboss

Peter Rice ricepeterm at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 04:56:13 EDT 2022

Hi Afif,

For you request to get the gff output without the sequence...

GFF is both a feature and a sequence format. If you run "seqret -feat"
you are reading both sequence and feature information. You can write
them out to two separate files by redirecting the features with the
output qualifiers -offormat (-off) and -oufo

For example:

seqret annotatedgenome /dev/null -oufo gff:annotation.gff

or

seqret annotatedgenome /dev/null -oufo annotation.gff -off gff

Hmmm.... just noticed -off may be confusing with other programs that
have a -offset option. I don't think any of them have feature output.

regard

Peter Rice
EMBOSS team