[EMBOSS] contributing to emboss

Kiefer, Dr. Markus markus.kiefer at cos.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jun 22 04:52:53 EDT 2022

Hi Peter.

Am Mittwoch, dem 22.06.2022 um 09:20 +0100 schrieb Peter Rice:
> Hi Markus,
>
> In ~/.embossrc
>
> SET EMBOSS_FILTER Y

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.

> Thanks also for the suggestions. What new access methods would be most
> helpful?

Maybe an easy wrapper around NLM's e-utilities would be a good idea. Maybe even
as a predefined config in the Emboss distribution that can be readily used in a
USA, so that something like genbank:Y12345 "just works". In 6.6.0 I must admit
that I was struggling to get that to work.

Best,
Markus