[EMBOSS] contributing to emboss

Peter Rice ricepeterm at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 18:21:24 EDT 2022

Hi Afif,

Yes... it is in progress. My hopes to recover the CVS server (and all
the individual commits) came to nothing - there was no useable backup.

However, we do have all the old releases since the very early days, So I
have been putting them on to github. That will give us a record of every
release and a summary of all the changes made.

Almost there, but I have to keep up with my tranSMART development tasks
too. However, the tranSMART beta release went out today, so I will soon
have thew final rel;ease done and some free time to catch right up to
the last EMBOSS release.

Then the fun starts. Any suggestions for new features? I can start with
removing anything too far out of date (including some of the extra data
resources we added 10 years ago) and updating the external libraries.

The github repository is at https://github.com/oryzabioinformatics (but
wait for the 6.6.0 branch to appear - it is up to 6.4.0 so far, so
nearly there)

https://www.avg.com