[EMBOSS] shuffleseq for multifasta?

Anandkumar Surendrarao aksrao at ucdavis.edu
Fri Nov 9 15:16:27 UTC 2018

Thank you, David and Peter.

My input file actually has shortened IDs (shIDs) and alternating lines of
fasta header and sequences (cleaned-up).

First, I copied my input file to a name without EMBOSS special characters:
cp Athaliana_167_TAIR9.fa.shIDscleaned-up Athaliana_167_TAIR9_UNshuffled.fa

Next, I ran shuffleseq using advice from both of you, as follows:
time shuffleseq -sformat pearson Athaliana_167_TAIR9_UNshuffled.fa EMBOSS.fa
Shuffle a set of sequences maintaining composition

real 15m13.015s
user 15m11.998s
sys 0m0.844s

And this works, so thank you both very much.

Best,
Anand
_____
*Anandk*umar *S*urendra*rao*, PhD
+1.530.574.5134
+91.91760.70887

*note to self:*
For ChrC, I compared sequences using BLAST 2 - no similarity detected, as
expected.

For Chr1 and ChrC, I used a Perl script to calculate a,c,g,t,n and ? and
found them to be exactly the same before and after shuffling.
Perl script = summarizeACGTcontent.pl