[EMBOSS] needle extended with reading frame information?

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Tue Sep 30 21:07:05 UTC 2014

  Hi,

Warren Gallin <wgallin at ualberta.ca> writes:

> It might be more useful to you to align the protein sequences and then
> thread the corresponding nucleotide sequences onto that AA alignment
> “skeleton”

Yes (although I only know the reading frame of one of the DNA
sequences).

> Translator X will do this for you automatically, given the ORFs, or
> you can provide a pre-run protein alignment if the alignment programs
> in TranslatorX are not suitable for you.

Interesting, I had not come across that tool before - thanks for
pointing it out!

Do you happen to know under what license the code is?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Ja, Erann DD. Og kom så ikke og sig at der ikke kom         Adam Sjøgren
  noget godt ud af karnevallet i 82."                    asjo at koldfront.dk