[EMBOSS] needle extended with reading frame information?

Warren Gallin wgallin at ualberta.ca
Tue Sep 30 20:51:02 UTC 2014

It might be more useful to you to align the protein sequences and then thread the corresponding nucleotide sequences onto that AA alignment “skeleton”

Translator X will do this for you automatically, given the ORFs, or you can provide a pre-run protein alignment if the alignment programs in TranslatorX are not suitable for you.

http://translatorx.co.uk/

You can either run on their server or, if your job is too big, download and install locally.

Warren Gallin