[EMBOSS] Where can I found the source code repository?

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Mon Mar 31 16:43:34 UTC 2014

David Bauer <david.bauer at bayer.com> writes:

> if cvs is not working, you can also just get the sources from the ftp server:
> ftp://emboss.open-bio.org/pub/EMBOSS/

Indeed I can. I would usually use "apt-get source emboss", but I wanted
to read the commit-diff and -log to see exactly what changed, and
perhaps why :-)

> With regard to the isoelectric point, this is not a change to the code
> but there is just an additional data file with the new values.

Thanks, that was what I would have checked - if any other changes were done.

> Programs which use these data (e.g. iep) have an advanced qualifier -pkdata.

Well, in EMBOSS 6.3.1 pepstats didn't have that option:

  $ pepstats -pkdata ~/Epk_emboss_6_3_1.dat -filter -sequence ~/test.fasta
  Died: Unknown qualifier -pkdata
  $ pepstats -version
  EMBOSS:6.3.1
  $

So what I have to do, is to check what version is installed, before
deciding whether to call it with or without -pkdata.

It is no big deal - I just would have liked to see the exact changes,
and stumbled upon the CVS server not working.

  Thanks!

   Adam

--
 "Even if you don't have all the things you want, be          Adam Sjøgren
  grateful for the things you don't have that you        asjo at koldfront.dk
  don't want."