[EMBOSS] EMBOSS mirror sites?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 22 14:22:53 UTC 2014

Hi Hamish,

I spoke to Peter Rice by phone a few weeks back and as I recall
he thought the EBI mirrors were handling things OK... but might
you be interested in volunteering to help out with the EMBOSS
FTP site etc?

CC'ing root-l mailing list to remind our existing small team of
volunteer SysAdmins there is an open problem here.

My hunch is these EMBOSS bits were on our old portal server
which was also hosting the mailing lists, and had to be ported
to a new Amazon server at short notice last month:

(The good news is we do have a backup of the dead old server.)

Peter