[EMBOSS] Google Summer of Code 2014 - Call for project ideas

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 00:21:31 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Google Summer of Code is on again for 2014, and the Open Bioinformatics
Foundation (OBF) is once again applying as a mentoring organization.
Participating in GSoC as an organization is very competitive, and we will
need your help in gathering a good set of ideas and potential mentors for
EMBOSS's role in GSoC this year.

If you have an idea for a Summer of Code project, please post your idea
here on the EMBOSS mailing list for discussion, and we'll incorporate it
into the our GSoC application during the next two weeks. We also welcome
ideas that fit with OBF's mission but are not part of a single OBF member
project, or span multiple projects -- these ideas can be posted on the OBF
wiki [1] and discussed on the OBF mailing list [2].

Here's to another fun and productive Summer of Code!

Cheers,
Eric & Raoul

[1] http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code#Project_ideas