[EMBOSS] problem with eprimer32

Guy Bottu gbottu at vub.ac.be
Tue Feb 18 13:50:57 UTC 2014

In the mean time I managed to solve myself the problem, the hard way, by
looking into the source code of primer itself. Seems that the current
version needs thermodynamic parameters and searches the files that
contain them either in the working directory or in /opt, unless you set
a parameter to tell otherwise. I changed the source code of the EMBOSS
program eprimer32, so as to add :
eprimer32_send_stringC(stream, "PRIMER_THERMODYNAMIC_PARAMETERS_PATH",
"/OPT/primer3-2.3.5/src/primer3_config/");
I could of course instead have copied the primer3_config directory to
/opt but I preferred to do it this way.

Regards,
Guy Bottu

---
Dit e-mailbericht bevat geen virussen en malware omdat avast! Antivirus-bescherming actief is.