[EMBOSS] What happened witht he mixed sequence database access method ?

Guy Bottu gbottu at vub.ac.be
Thu Feb 13 10:31:26 UTC 2014

Dear developpers, dear all,

I installed on my computer EMBOSS version 6.6.0.0 and tried to install
the SwissProt database. I put in emboss.deafults the following :

DB sw [
   type: P comment: 'SwissProt'
   methodquery: emboss formatquery: swiss
   methodall: direct formatall: fasta
   directory: /host/4UBUNTU/sequences/swissprot
   file: uniprot_sprot.fasta
   fields: 'id acc key des org'
]

When I try to access sequences I get :

entret 'sw:*' stdout

Retrieve sequence entries from flatfile databases and files
Error: No access method for database 'sw'
Error: sequence access method '' not found
Error: Unable to read sequence 'sw:*'
Died: entret terminated: Bad value for '-sequence' and no prompt

entret sw:papa1_carpa stdout

Retrieve sequence entries from flatfile databases and files
Error: No access method for database 'sw'
Error: sequence access method '' not found
Error: Unable to read sequence 'sw:papa1_carpa'
Died: entret terminated: Bad value for '-sequence' and no prompt

When I do not try to have 2 different access methods for SwissProt then
it works fine. Yet I remember from the days that I worked for the
Belgian EMBnet Node that it was possible to have 2 different access
method for the same databank (e.g. SRS or app for query and direct for
all). Did you decide to give up the possibility of mixed access methods
or is there a bug ?

Regards
Guy Bottu

---
Dit e-mailbericht bevat geen virussen en malware omdat avast! Antivirus-bescherming actief is.