[EMBOSS] dreg: ajRegExecall too many substrings

dar ked darked89 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 22:17:44 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am running simple regex using dreg:

This warks (reporting some substring errors):

dreg -pattern 'A{9,21}|T{9,21}' Tb927_5.1bes.UPPER.fa

This does not:

dreg -pattern 'A{9,23}|T{9,23}' Tb927_5.1bes.UPPER.fa

It prints endless:

ajRegExecall too many substrings

This is strange since it is a simple, small genome with 21 and 41 occurences of 21bp (or longer) streaches of A or T.

I am using dreg from EMBOSS 6.6.0 on CenttOS linux. I wonder if our installation is somehow broken, or I may have other problems. I have checked it with another genome sequence of similar size, same ajRegExecall too many substrings error.

Thanks a lot for your help

Darek Kedra