[EMBOSS] EMBOSS ftp problem

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Aug 7 19:39:20 UTC 2014

The short story is that the server hosting the FTP site and many other
critical OBF services died in a colocation facility that is/was awkward
to physically get at.

We ended up rebuilding the server within the AWS cloud but did not
forklift over the FTP site and service at that time -- the main OBF
stuff was the priority.

Right now emboss.open-bio.org is pointing at a dead IP address

I've got some time today and access to some older backups of the server;
I'll try to get the emboss FTP mirror working today and if things look
good I'll push out a new IP address for emboss.open-bio.org

Regards,
Chris