[EMBOSS] emma and clustalw2

Moretti Sébastien sebastien.moretti at unil.ch
Thu Jan 31 16:04:11 UTC 2013

Hi

I try to use emma (v 6.5.7.0) with clustalw2 (v 2.1) on Linux x86_64.
My environment contains both clustalw and clustalw2, that's why
clustalw2 binary is called clustalw2.
Accordingly I have changed this line in the emma.acd file (before
compilation):
     external: "clustalw2"
instead of
     external: "clustalw"

When I try to run emma, I get this error message:

Multiple sequence alignment (ClustalW wrapper)
Warning: Cannot find 'clustalw', no ACD external definition found
Error: Failed to open filename '00011120B'
Problem writing out EMBOSS alignment file
Error: File 'msf::00011120B' remove failed, error:2 'No such file or
directory'

Do you know how to solve this ?

Regards

--
Sébastien Moretti
SIB Vital-IT EMBnet, Quartier Sorge - Genopode