[EMBOSS] protein three-to-one and one-to-three

Rozenbaum, Daniel (Biocceleration Inc) daniel.rozenbaum at USPTO.GOV
Tue Sep 25 11:48:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

Our users are interested in having access to "three-to-one" and "one-to-thee" amino acid representation conversion utilities similar to these:

http://bioinformatics.org/sms2/three_to_one.html
http://bioinformatics.org/sms2/one_to_three.html

>From what I've been able to tell, the latter is achievable with "showpep -three" (even though the users would have preferred a horizontal representation of the three-letter codes), and the only relevant library function currently available in EMBOSS is the embPropCharToThree() ; is this correct? Just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing anything if we decided to take a shot at developing such utilities within the EMBOSS framework.

With best regards,