[EMBOSS] Jemboss: accessing saved pepwindow results

Rozenbaum, Daniel (Biocceleration Inc) daniel.rozenbaum at USPTO.GOV
Sun Sep 23 17:52:35 UTC 2012

Hi Mahmut,

Fantastic, thanks! After rebuilding with the most recent ShowResultSet.java, double-clicking on a pepwindow saved result, or on pepwindow1.dat in File Manager now displays the graph as expected.

With best regards,
Daniel

From: Mahmut Uludag [uludag at ebi.ac.uk]
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:44 AM
To: Rozenbaum, Daniel (Biocceleration Inc)
Cc: emboss at lists.open-bio.org
Subject: Re: [EMBOSS] Jemboss: accessing saved pepwindow results

Hi Daniel,

> subsequent attempts to view the saved "pepwindow" results fail: when double-clicked on in the "Saved results list on server" window, a "Saved Results" window opens with a single tab named "pepwindow1.dat" in the tab , but the window is blank.
I'm not able to reproduce it with J/Emboss 6.5 client. I will later
check with J/Emboss 6.4.

> The same thing happens when double-clicking on "pepwindow1.dat" in the Remote pan of File Manager.
I have tried updating the ShowResultSet class in package
org.emboss.jemboss.gui to fix this problem. It looks working for me.

> Were we incorrect in expecting that calling up "pepwindow1.dat" would either display the image using Jemboss Graphics again or show the file contents as text?
No. After above modification I'm able to see the images displayed.

I will next try to understand the string-encoding related problem you
posted.

Mahmut