[EMBOSS] Jemboss unable to delete job directories if results.home is on NFS

Rozenbaum, Daniel (Biocceleration Inc) daniel.rozenbaum at USPTO.GOV
Sun Sep 23 17:56:32 UTC 2012

Hi Mahmut,

Sorry about that confusion - the file I attached to my previous email in this thread did contain the correct fixes.

After rebuilding with the latest version of JembossServer.java, everything appears to be working properly.

-Daniel

From: Mahmut Uludag [uludag at ebi.ac.uk]
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:33 AM
To: Rozenbaum, Daniel (Biocceleration Inc)
Cc: emboss at lists.open-bio.org
Subject: Re: [EMBOSS] Jemboss unable to delete job directories if results.home is on NFS

Hi Daniel,

I was able to produce .nfs files by following the steps you described.
Closing the open streams in JembossServer class looks fixes the problem.
I don't understand why you thought your modifications were completely
incorrect?

I checked in you patch to CVS together with a fix to allow jemboss file
manager to delete remote folders when they have hidden files like .desc
and .finished.

Mahmut