[EMBOSS] Jemboss: accessing saved pepwindow results

Rozenbaum, Daniel (Biocceleration Inc) daniel.rozenbaum at USPTO.GOV
Sun Sep 23 04:48:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

We currently have EMBOSS built and installed without PNG/GD support. When we run "pepwindow" and select "Jemboss Graphics" as the graph format, the file pepwindow1.dat is, from what we're able to tell, correctly created, and Jemboss displays the graph in the Saved Results window, from which it is possible to save the graph to a local PNG image file.

However, subsequent attempts to view the saved "pepwindow" results fail: when double-clicked on in the "Saved results list on server" window, a "Saved Results" window opens with a single tab named "pepwindow1.dat" in the tab , but the window is blank. The same thing happens when double-clicking on "pepwindow1.dat" in the Remote pan of File Manager. Were we incorrect in expecting that calling up "pepwindow1.dat" would either display the image using Jemboss Graphics again or show the file contents as text?

Many thanks,
Daniel

--
Daniel Rozenbaum