[EMBOSS] Support for multi-line annotation in ig format

Rozenbaum, Daniel (Biocceleration Inc) daniel.rozenbaum at USPTO.GOV
Wed Sep 19 13:49:14 UTC 2012

Dear Peter,

This is most wonderful news that's going to make a bunch of users really happy!

I am attaching a short anonymized sample file (would a larger data set be helpful?) that illustrates the type of IG format in use at USPTO. I believe that the only reasonably indexable field is the sequence name ("US-123456789-1", "US-123456789-2", etc). While the annotation fields appear structured, that part of the information is not reliable.

As for the name, how about something like "iguspto"?

Lastly, do you think the patch with this change would be made available for EMBOSS 6.4?

With gratitude,
Daniel

--
Daniel Rozenbaum