[EMBOSS] PNG/GD graphics library issue whilst trying to install EMBOSS/Jemboss v6.3.1

Nigel Binns n.binns at ed.ac.uk
Fri Jun 3 13:25:01 UTC 2011

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for your reply. I also get the same response on our system
when I run whatprovides, i.e. 'No matches found'. I have have raised a
support ticket with Red Hat through our subscription to RHN. Hopefully
they will resolve this issue shortly by releasing a devel RPM (e.g.
gd-devel-2.0.35-10.el6.x86_64.rpm) containing the missing gd.h file.

Best regards,

Nigel

On 03/06/2011 14:08, Anthony Pemberton wrote:
> Nigel,
>
> It looks as if this header is not available under RHEL 6. Very strange?? I agree with you there should be a gd-devel rpm. I am pretty sure this was the case in previous RHEL releases. The "devel" rpms normally contain the headers for compilation using the libraries. I have done a
>
> # yum whatprovides '*/include/gd.h'
>
> On my 64 bit RHEL 6 system and the header is nowhere to be found in the repo. Hmm?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tony P.

>>> libpng-devel-1.2.44-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
>>> gd-2.0.35-10.el6.x86_64.rpm
>> Apologies, i just have noticed you already have the equivalent of
>> gd.x86_64, gd-2.0.35-10.el6.x86_64.rpm installed.
>>
>> Mahmut

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.