[EMBOSS] libtool mismatch for 6.3.1 on OS X (fink)

ajb at ebi.ac.uk ajb at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jul 26 13:14:26 UTC 2010

Hi Koen,

Unless you are doing something in a non-standard way with the
EMBOSS-x.y.z.gz file contents then you shouldn't get that message. It
might appear, for example, if you have been hand-modifying some of the
configuration files.

If, on the other hand, you are using the CVS version then you will
get such a message. Generally, if your libtool (2.x) is newer
than that used by a given package then typing "autoreconf -fi"
before doing any other configuration steps should fix up
the libtool side. Note that doing so may not work for
modified non-developer distributions.

Please let us know if you are getting the error using just:
    gunzip EMBOSS-x.y.z.gz
    ./configure --prefix=/fu/bar
    make

HTH