[EMBOSS] Emboss explorer does not show manual pages running under Ubuntu 9.10.....

charles-listes-emboss at plessy.org charles-listes-emboss at plessy.org
Wed Nov 4 13:59:00 UTC 2009

Le Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 01:04:13PM -0700, Richard Rothery a écrit :
> I am unable to display manual pages for emboss-explorer running under Ubuntu
> 9.10. This worked as a great reference under 9.04, but no longer works.

Dear Richard,

I found the problem: tfm -html does not work with the latest packages of EMBOSS
on Debian, and therefore most probably Ubuntu. EMBOSS-Explorer relies on this
command to generate the manual pages.

More precisely, ‘tfm’ looks in ‘/usr/share/EMBOSS/doc/programs/text/’, but ‘tfm
-html’ looks in ‘/usr/share/doc/programs/html/’. It is probably a bug that I
introduced in the packages I created for Debian and Ubuntu. I built them with
“$(MAKE) AJAX_FIXED_ROOT=\\\"/usr/share/EMBOSS\\\"”, does anybody know what
other variable I forgot to set to indicate a proper path to the HTML
documentation?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy