[EMBOSS] recursive backtranslate

david.bauer at bayerhealthcare.com david.bauer at bayerhealthcare.com
Fri Mar 13 06:41:23 UTC 2009

Hi Andrés,

it just takes one sequence as input.

Btw. you can see this if you look what the emboss programs say with -help.

> backtranseq -help
   Standard (Mandatory) qualifiers:
  [-sequence]          sequence   (Gapped) protein sequence filename and
                                  optional format, or reference (input
USA)

If it says "sequence" than it takes just one sequence as input.

> infoseq -help
   Standard (Mandatory) qualifiers:
  [-sequence]          seqall     (Gapped) sequence(s) filename and
optional
                                  format, or reference (input USA)

If you see "seqall"  than the program can work on more than one sequence.

For your problem you can either use "seqretsplit" to split up our file
into individual sequences or you can write a script which iterates through
the multiple fasta file with "skipseq" and sends its output to
backtranseq.

Cheers,
David.