[EMBOSS] Packaging EMBOSS for Fedora

Mahmut Uludag uludag at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jun 12 23:49:16 UTC 2009

Hi Julian,

> I have one crucial question: is it worth to package jemboss? It seems it
> didn't see development since 2005, and I have experienced some important
> issues when trying to use it (mainly not working with files with spaces
> in filenames). What do you think?

I had a quick look into the files with spaces in filenames problem, we
can include a fix in the coming release (6.1) for this problem. Previous
release of EMBOSS (6.0) included some fixes of similar nature, as well
as some small gui improvements. We recently have updated EMBOSS/Jemboss
make/install machinery to make standalone Jemboss come out of box when
users install EMBOSS, i think we were successful and this will be a new
feature in EMBOSS 6.1.

Regards,
Mahmut