[EMBOSS] EMBOSS Funding and New developments

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio dalloliogm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 15:44:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Peter Rice <pmr at ebi.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear EMBOSS Users and Developers
>

>   Suggestions for new applications are very welcome.

I think EMBOSS is highly effective when combined with Makefiles or tools to
describe pipelines.
Maybe in the future you could add some recipe or example in the
documentation, it would be useful. In any case, it would be good to add to
the tutorials some references on methods to describe pipelines.

Another need that people have asked me several times (I am administrator of
a web forum on bioinformatics) is to have a standard and official web
interface to the emboss tools, since the list at
http://emboss.sourceforge.net/interfaces/#web is outdated and google doesn't
return clear results.

> We hope to meet many of you at BOSC/ISMB/ECCB in Stockholm at the end of
> this month, We will arrange a lunchtime "Birds of a Feather" session
> at ISMB to discuss the needs of users over the next 3 years.
>
> regards,
>
> Peter Rice

Giovanni Dall'Olio, phd student
Department of Biologia Evolutiva at CEXS-UPF (Barcelona, Spain)

My blog on bioinformatics: http://bioinfoblog.it