[EMBOSS] [emboss-dev] EMBOSS Funding and New developments

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jun 9 15:11:58 UTC 2009

George Magklaras wrote:
> That's very good news Peter.
>
> I would add to the list the production of documentation for the EMBOSS
> admins. In terms of improving the indexing, may node managers (including
> myself) have created scripts to automate the formatting of large
> databases. Maybe it might be an idea to include them in some sort of
> add-on section, so that people can have error-free formatted dbs with
> the click of a button or a script call.

Documentation is on the way in the form of an Administrators Guide ...
long promised but we are now adding the final touches to the text.

The book will be open source and the text will also appear on the EMBOSS
website.

As to the scripts ... yes, and excellent suggestion. We could make a
directory adminscripts in the distribution for these.

Please contribute useful scripts for use to include. We would like to
include some documentation on what the script is intended to do and how
to modify it. As the target users are administrators, we can expect them
to be able to make their own modifications.