[EMBOSS] Problems installing EMBASSY / PHYLIPNEW

Anthony Pemberton A.J.Pemberton at bham.ac.uk
Thu Jul 9 13:12:01 UTC 2009

Guys,

The system in question is probably a 64bit system. Very often (not
always) there is not a compatibility issue with the packages you list
below, they are simply the 32bit and 64bit versions of the libraries. On
RHEL 5 they will install in /usr/lib and /usr/lib64 respectively. Under
RHEL 5 just:

# up2date -i libXaw libXaw-devel

(# represents root prompt)

I am fairly sure a good install of the packages requires these
libraries. You will need a Red Hat subscription for up2date to work (or
install from your distro CD/DVD),

Regards,

Tony Pemberton