[EMBOSS] Structure

Ellis Golub ellis at biochem.dental.upenn.edu
Tue Jul 7 19:34:27 UTC 2009

Hello --

I've downloaded the EMBASSY STRUCTURE-0.1.0 package and tried to install it. I
have previously installed EMBOSS-6.0.1.  Using the same flags with configure
that I used for the original EMBOSS installation, all seems to go well until I
try to run one of the programs.  The following output is obtained:

> pdbparse
1274873:pdbparse: rld: Error: unresolvable symbol in
/usr/local/emboss/lib/libplplot.so.6: gdImageColorAllocate
1274873:pdbparse: rld: Error: unresolvable symbol in
/usr/local/emboss/lib/libplplot.so.6: gdImageLine
1274873:pdbparse: rld: Fatal Error: this executable has unresolvable symbols

The /usr/local/emboss/lib/libplplot.so.6 file is the one produced with the
EMBOSS install, and all the EMBOSS files work fine, and the grahics outputs are
fine.

Anyone have a clue?

Ellis

Ellis Golub                  Phone: (215) 898-4629
Biochemistry Department      FAX:   (215) 898-3695
School of Dental Medicine    ellis at biochem.dental.upenn.edu
University of Pennsylvania
240 South 40th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6030