[EMBOSS] Problem with showdb and seqret

Mohd Noor Mat Isa emno72 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 03:26:03 UTC 2009

Dear Mohd Afiq,

I'm not an expert also on EMBOSS installation but I can give you some clues
on your problems:

First, showdb does not give you any db list as you need to index all the
databases that you requires to show. You can get further info here
http://emboss.sourceforge.net/docs/adminguide/node56.html on how to index
databases.

as for seqret you should tell the seqret you input format as *embl::xlrhodop
* not embl*:*xlrhodop.

Regards
Mohd Noor
Malaysia Genome Institute