[EMBOSS] RootDirectory and BaseDirectory hardcoded at build time ?

George Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Fri Feb 20 15:38:47 UTC 2009

In the Makefile, shouldn't they be a:

AJAX_FIXED_ROOT  directive?

I am not exactly familiar with the Debian package process, but at my
(manually built) leftovers from the sources, I did a:
georgie at slartibartfast# fgrep -i root config.log
AJAX_FIXED_ROOT='\"/site/sources/EMBOSS-6.0.1/emboss\"'
datadir='${datarootdir}'
datarootdir='${prefix}/share'
docdir='${datarootdir}/doc/${PACKAGE}'
infodir='${datarootdir}/info'
localedir='${datarootdir}/locale'
mandir='${datarootdir}/man'

and the location was passed by configure with the --prefix switch. Does
the Debian package dist specify a location that way?

George Magklaras BSc Hons MPhil
RHCE:805008309135525

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX-Linux Systems Administrator
EMBnet Technical Management Board
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://folk.uio.no/georgios