[EMBOSS] RootDirectory and BaseDirectory hardcoded at build time ?

Charles Plessy charles-listes-emboss at plessy.org
Fri Feb 20 14:51:06 UTC 2009

Dear EMBOSS developers,

I realised some time ago that when using the Debian 'emboss' package,
embossversion would report wrong RootDirectory and BaseDirectory because the
binaries are built in a temporary location before being moved in the package
and installed on downstream computers:

aqwa『~』$ embossversion -full
Writes the current EMBOSS version number to a file
PackageName: EMBOSS
LibraryVersion: 6.0.1
InstallDirectory: /usr
RootDirectory: /tmp/buildd/emboss-6.0.1/emboss
BaseDirectory: /tmp/buildd/emboss-6.0.1/

Using 'strace' and 'strings', I figured out that this information is hard-coded
in libajax. Is there a way to indicate the final location (/usr/share/EMBOSS?)
at build time?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy