[EMBOSS] Align 12bp DNA back to genome

Magdy Alabady malabady at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 16:49:41 UTC 2009

Hi,
I have used GMap to exactly what you are asking for but with little longer
reads (sRNA). It worked well. You might want to try
GMap<http://www.gene.com/share/gmap/>.

magdy

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Peter Rice <pmr at ebi.ac.uk> wrote:

> Aengus Stewart wrote:
>
>> After trimming a bunch of illumina reads I have sequences that are 12bp
>> long and "we" want to find their genomic location
>>

> Can you say that they should match exactly (depending on the size of
> genome, and the accuracy of the reads)?
>
> A word matching algorithm should work well.
>
> How many reads do you have?
>
> This is actually a problem we are very interested in writing EMBOSS
> applications for.
>
> regards,
>
> Peter

Magdy S. Alabady, PhD
Energy Bioscience Institute (EBI)
Institute for Genome Biology (IGB)
University of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign, Illinois