[EMBOSS] New and confusing problem with infoseq!

ajb at ebi.ac.uk ajb at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 12:29:26 UTC 2008

Hello Mick,

The -database qualifier was added to infoseq in EMBOSS-5.0.0.
The error you're getting would, for example, happen if your
EMBOSS 5.0.0 infoseq executable was reading an EMBOSS 4.x.x
infoseq.acd file. That could happen if you
had set the EMBOSS_ACDROOT environment variable to point to
an old ACD directory or, similarly, set an emboss_acdroot in your
.embossrc or emboss.default file.

For most simple EMBOSS installations you shouldn't need to set
EMBOSS_ACDROOT (or equivalent) at all.

HTH

Alan