[EMBOSS] density

Mahmut Uludag uludag at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Oct 23 10:39:42 UTC 2008

Hi Alan,

> So it's a limitation of the web interface which requires
> all graphs to be called 'graph' ?

Yes this is a limitation in Soaplab dictated by the legacy acd2xml
parser.

> If I've understood you correctly then, attached, are two new
> versions of density.c and density.acd that only use one
> graph (called 'graph') with the -dual and -quad qualifiers
> working as before. I'll consider adding this to CVS. It
> is, of course, currently not tested that well. Please let
> me know how it behaves.

Modified density.c and density.acd files solved the problem in my local
Soaplab installation. One possible change would be to set a positive
default value either for the quad or the dual option.

I have noticed that dotmatcher and dottup programs also have two graphic
outputs. One of them called xygraph in both applications is not
recognised by Soaplab due to the same limitation.

Regards,
Mahmut