[EMBOSS] EMBOSS remote server list?

ajb at ebi.ac.uk ajb at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 07:56:17 UTC 2008

To add to Peter's email, though the 'srs7bin' style of SRS
DB definition may well work it is better to use 'srsbin'
definitions instead. The following should all work with
emboss 6.0.1  e.g.

  entret em:ab000131
  entret uni:opsd_human

ATB

Alan

DB emblebi [  type: N method: srswww format: embl release: "EBI"
   dbalias: "embl"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srsbin/cgi-bin/wgetz"
  comment: "EMBL from the EBI" ]

DB em [  type: N method: srswww format: embl release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srsbin/cgi-bin/wgetz"
  dbalias: "EMBL"
  comment: "EMBL from the EBI" ]

DB swissprot [  type: P method: srswww format: swiss release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srsbin/cgi-bin/wgetz"
  comment: "SWISSPROT from the EBI" ]

DB sw [  type: P method: srswww format: swiss release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srsbin/cgi-bin/wgetz"
  dbalias: "SWISSPROT"
  comment: "SWISSPROT from the EBI" ]

DB uniprot [  type: P method: srswww format: swiss release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srsbin/cgi-bin/wgetz"
  comment: "UNIPROT from the EBI" ]

DB uni [  type: P method: srswww format: swiss release: EBI
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srsbin/cgi-bin/wgetz"
  dbalias: "UNIPROT"
  comment: "UNIPROT from the EBI" ]

DB pir [  type: P method: srswww format: nbrf release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srsbin/cgi-bin/wgetz"
  comment: "PIR from the EBI" ]

DB gb [ type: N
        methodentry: mrs3 format: genbank
        dbalias: "genbank_release"
        url: "http://mrs.cmbi.ru.nl/mrs-3/plain.do"
        comment: "GenBank IDs via MRS"
]

DB genbank [ type: N
        methodentry: mrs3 format: genbank
        dbalias: "genbank_release"
        url: "http://mrs.cmbi.ru.nl/mrs-3/plain.do"
        comment: "GenBank IDs via MRS"
]

DB refseq [  type: N method: srswww format: genbank release: "NCBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srsbin/cgi-bin/wgetz"
  comment: "REFSEQ from EBI" ]