[EMBOSS] EMBOSS remote server list?

Ashika Umanga Umagiliya aumanga at biggjapan.com
Fri Oct 10 04:49:57 UTC 2008

hi all,

I am new to EMBOSS and I want to use entret but, seems the default
remote DBs are inactive.
It would be much appreciated if anyway can give me some working remove
DB Urls to use with entret.

I used following list also ,but no use:

DB embl [  type: N method: srswww format: embl release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srs7bin/cgi-bin/wgetz";
  comment: "EMBL from the EBI" ]

DB em [  type: N method: srswww format: embl release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srs7bin/cgi-bin/wgetz";
  dbalias: "EMBL"
  comment: "EMBL from the EBI" ]

DB swissprot [  type: P method: srswww format: swiss release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srs7bin/cgi-bin/wgetz";
  comment: "SWISSPROT from the EBI" ]

DB sw [  type: P method: srswww format: swiss release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srs7bin/cgi-bin/wgetz";
  dbalias: "SWISSPROT"
  comment: "SWISSPROT from the EBI" ]

DB uniprot [  type: P method: srswww format: swiss release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srs7bin/cgi-bin/wgetz";
  comment: "UNIPROT from the EBI" ]

DB uni [  type: P method: srswww format: swiss release: EBI
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srs7bin/cgi-bin/wgetz";
  dbalias: "UNIPROT"
  comment: "UNIPROT from the EBI" ]

DB pir [  type: P method: srswww format: nbrf release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srs7bin/cgi-bin/wgetz";
  comment: "PIR from the EBI" ]

DB genbank [  type: N method: srswww format: genbank release: "NCBI"
  url: "http://www.infobiogen.fr/srs7bin/cgi-bin/wgetz";
  comment: "GenBank from Infobiogen" ]

DB gb [  type: N method: srswww format: genbank release: "NCBI"
  url: "http://www.infobiogen.fr/srs7bin/cgi-bin/wgetz";
  dbalias: "GENBANK"
  comment: "GenBank from Infobiogen" ]

DB refseq [  type: N method: srswww format: genbank release: "NCBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srs7bin/cgi-bin/wgetz";
  comment: "REFSEQ from EBI" ]

thanks in advance

umanga